Ph.D. thesis award 2019
The musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac’s Research and Higher Education Department seeks to encourage and support multidisciplinary research in the academic fields of social/cultural anthropology, ethnomusicology, art history, history, archaeology, sociology, and performance studies. The research topics concerned are: Western and non-Western arts, material and intangible heritage, museum institutions and their collections, technology, ritual performance and material culture.To this end, two thesis awards, amounting to a total sum of 8 000 Euros, are granted each year to distinguish two outstanding doctoral theses.
Doctoral Theses can be submitted in French or in English; they must have been defended/passed after October 1st 2017 (one application only). The subject of the thesis must be relevant to the fields of interest defined above. The award winners will be selected by the musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac scientific assessment committee.
Applications must be presented by the thesis supervisor or by a recognized member of the scientific community.
The application must include the following documents:
- report on the defense or viva voce (in the specific case of countries where defense or viva voce reports are not required, please indicate it specifically in the application file and attach your examiners’ report)
- copy of the diploma awarded by the university
- summary of the thesis (10 pages maximum)
- CV and list of publications
- letter from the Ph. D. supervisor outlining reasons for distinguishing the thesis (either in the application form or attached to it)
- letter of recommendation by a member of the scientific community other than the thesis supervisor (either in the application form or attached to it)
- copy of the thesis manuscript on a CD-Rom, a USB key or any other digital device (PDF file)
- application form to be downloaded at the following address :
Deadline for application: June 1st, 2019 (post office stamp as proof).
Please send your application to:
Musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac
Département de la recherche et de l’enseignement
222, rue de l’Université, 75343 Paris cedex 07 (France)
The application file may also be deposited at the musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac’s reception desk (222, rue de l’Université 75007 Paris) during museum opening hours.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
The names of the successful candidates during the last week of November.